Re: Consultation on early switch of IETF 110 to an online meeting

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 6:49 PM IETF Executive Director <exec-director@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
The IETF Administration LLC is considering switching IETF 110, due to be held in Prague in March 2021, to an online meeting long before the meeting and without using the assessment process used for IETF 108 and IETF 109.  This note is to explain why we are considering this action and to ask for community feedback.

I regretfully support moving IETF 110 online. Beyond the inability to secure pandemic insurance for a venue reservation in the middle of a pandemic, certainty in planning for international travel is a prerequisite for in-person meetings, and we are still far from that point.

Kyle