Re: Call for comments: Proposals for exploratory IETF meetings

On 8/29/20 2:16 PM, John Wroclawski wrote:
On Aug 29, 2020, at 4:57 PM, Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Aug 29, 2020, at 1:44 PM, Khaled Omar <eng.khaled.omar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi bob,
I still can't see any borders that states that Sinai is completely part of Asia.
It’s like Turkey that is part of Europe and Asia.   See:
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/which-are-the-transcontinental-countries-of-our-world.html
Bob
Hm. Not that we’re way off topic or anything, but this is surprising.

It looks to me like the fault line between the African plate and the Arabian plate runs up the Gulf of Aquaba, rather than the Gulf of Suez. So from a geological perspective, the Sinai would certainly seem to be in Africa. Your political mileage may differ, of course..

Parts of Japan are thought to be on the North American plate. It's almost as if Earth doesn't care about our labels :)

Mike