Re: Call for comments: Proposals for exploratory IETF meetings

Stewart,

On 29 Aug 2020, at 11:06, Stewart Bryant wrote:

Egypt - maybe Shamel-shak, but nowhere else. Concerned that it is not a safe destination.

Figuring out whether any given city in the country is a "safe destination" seems to me part of the discussion on venue-selection. There's no need to limit the pursuit of Egypt (or Australia or New Zealand) at the moment to any particular city; perhaps in the few years when any of these locations are plausible for a meeting, the meeting planning folks will have information to indicate that particular cities are reasonably safe (or otherwise suitable) and others are not. Would it be reasonable to reword your response as, "Egypt - I have concerns about the current safety situation, but further investigation into suitability would be fine."?

pr
--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best