Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming-17.txt> (Internet Architecture?)

Folks,

I'd like to note that this document seems to be going three major aspects of the Internet and IPv6 architecture:

* The basic Internet architecture with its removal of extension headers in the middle of the network.

* The addressing architecture -- where addresses are employED for means other than those specified in RFC4291

* The processing of segment routing headers, with th PSP behaviour specified in this document (as already noted by Brian Carpenter).

While it is always possible for documents to update or go against the current architecture, I believe the community should discuss these behaviors as such (changes to the architecture), and make an explicit decision in this respect.

The implications and consequences of these changes should be carefully analyzed, since the implications are non-trivial.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks