How Not To Filter Spam

Thn enclosed example of how not to filter spam is offered for those
who might want to preemptively add accuspam.com or downloadfast.com
to their blacklists.

It is also a classic example of what is wrong with the MUA filtering
tactics Robert Brown advocates.

I certainly did not try to contact anyone at 3dize.com.  A few readers
of this mailing list might recall that Shelby H. Moore III and I don't
see eye to eye.
I do not know what the From: header of inanbe@xxxxxxxxx is about.
Perhaps it was forged.  Or perhaps someone at that address wired a
subscription to this mailing list through an unusually braindea)
challenge/response spam filter at DownloadFAST.com.  If so, the
Secretariat should blacklist accuspam.com and/or downloadfast.com from
subscriptions to IETF mailing lists.  (It would need to be unusually
braindead to send me the challenge instead of the envelope sender.)

Vernon Schryver    vjs@xxxxxxxxxxxx