Re: spam on the webdav list

For lists like the ones expressed so for, our local archive was created by subscribing an address to the external list. Such addresses have been susceptible to receiving spam directly, so our copy of the archive accrued messages that were never set to the original list. When this has happened, it's typically been to a list where real traffic stopped accumulating years ago. In more recent years, we have stressed having IETF hosted lists for IETF work.

We do have a mechanic for moving such spam messages away, in an manner that leaves a clear record of what happened. When such puddles are discovered, sending a note to ietf-action@xxxxxxxx about them is reasonable.

RjS