Re: Primal urges in the can-the-spam movement

It is a pleasure to see someone bringing common sense about human
behavior to the discussion, but I dread seeing another proposal like
this, which entails a new technical mechanism which the victims have
to pay to establish.    Society has dealt with problems comparable
to spam for at least five thousand years, and the mechanisms for
dealing with antisocial behavior are quite simple to understand and
implement.   There is no need for additional complex technical mechanisms
(though anything enhancing traceability is desirable).  Just apply to
the internet the mechanisms which are used everywhere else in society
to deal (successfully) with comparable problems.

 See <http://www.camblab.com/misc/univ_std.txt>

   based on

     <http://www.camblab.com/nugget/spam_03.pdf>

Jeffrey Race