Re: We going? - 5th International Free Software Forum

In message <14534.1076433147@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Richards
on writes:

>    Paul> The call for papers for the relatively famous Free Software Forum
>    Paul> is up:
>
>    Paul> http://papers.softwarelivre.org/index.en.html
>
>    Paul> I was wondering if anybody from the IETF was planning to give a
>    Paul> talk? If not, I was going to propose a couple of sessions myself
>    Paul> (in a non-official, participatory way of course - I don't propose
>    Paul> speaking FOR the IETF so to speak):
>
>  It would be good if someone reviewed how the IETF worked at the conference.
>A lot of software developers would benefit from understanding more.

I gave a talk like that at Usenix a few years ago -- feel free to point
folks at the talks/ietf-usenix/ietf-usenix.htm file on my Web page.

Note, of course, that many -- most? -- free software advocates do not
like the IETF's policies on patents in its protocols.  But that's a
separate can of worms; let's *not* debate that again now...