Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Hi,

I support this draft being adopted as a starting point, but I would like to see some substantial changes.  I have said this in other contexts, and I will say it here: what is needed is not a dictate on specific words, but rather a well-understood framework by which we decide these sorts of things.  I suggest that we do what we can to attract appropriate expertise into a working group to participate.

Eliot