Re: Introducing the Meetecho Virtual Hum tool

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020, Scott O. Bradner wrote:

btw - I assume that this, like a hum, is is anonymous - all you get is aggregate volume and not, as Fred asks, vote totals or have any
way to find out who hummed and who did not  - I also assume that if 1/10th of the people on the call (for lack of a better word)
hummed loudly and no one else hummed at all the result would be very low volume (i.e. the volume is based on the total
# of people that could hum rather than on just those that did)

I find humming at times have been wildely differently interpreted than
what I heard. In physical meetings we dont have easy tools to vote
anonymously. But when we are meeting virtually, I would have expected
us to improve the humming system - not implement its real flaws, in this
case potentially literally amplified and send looping back.

Why not a flag or button to set, with the results anonymized and rounded
up/down based on the size of the meeting. So we get answers like "25% of
the room" or "just a few people" or "the vast majority".

Seeing as a lot of the times, the humming questions are confusing, a
place for the WG chair to write down the question and possible answers
would also have added clarification to our current virtualized emulated
humming system.

Paul