Re: WG Review: Stay Home Meet Only Online (shmoo)

Just to echo Mirja,

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 8:54 AM Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

The point where the IAB is more directly involved in reviewing of new work is the BoF coordination call as well as acting as BoF shepherds and by providing BoF reports. I believe most members of the IAB are actively monitoring new chartering work. At least I can definitely confirm that I and our IESG liaison are aware of all charter discussions.

Mirja

The last time the IAB wrote this down, was at https://www.iab.org/documents/correspondence-reports-documents/2012-2/iab-member-roles-in-evaluating-new-work-proposals/. That was still the process when I left the IESG in 2019.

When Alia Atlas and I did the tutorial on "bringing new work to the IETF" at IETF 103/Bangkok, we said on slide 26 that the IAB's role in evaluating new work proposals was the best-kept secret at the IETF ;-) https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-edu-sessl-bringing-new-work-to-the-ietf-00

Best,

Spencer