Re: Death of the Internet - details at 11

> Anyway, with IPv6 the address format is fundamentally incompatible with
> that of IPv4 so there is no choice but running them concurrently during
> the transition period. A new multihoming-capable transport protocol
> doesn't have to be incompatible with existing TCP so this situation is
> avoidable here.

It does not seem reasonable to compare the IPv6/IPv4 deployment and
SCTP/TCP deployment. SCTP and TCP are basically the end-to-end protocols
so that hosts/terminals have only to have them, whereas IPv4 and IPv6 are
subject to network support or change.

IMHO, we don't need to worry about inter-operablity or compatibilty between
SCTP and TCP. I mean SCTP will be used by the new emerging applications and
services including mobile internet stuffs, for example, between mobile clients
and contents servers of the M-ISP.

Seok J. Koh