Re: ETSI Liaison Work

On 27 Jun 2020, at 23:00, Rob Sayre wrote:

I had some questions about why the IETF might establish a formal liaison relationship with ETSI, and why that might appear in IAB minutes, rather
than in the IETF/IESG.

A longer, hopefully more helpful, response to this part of the question can be found at:
   https://www.iab.org/liaisons/

"3. ETSI Liaison Work
Zhenbin Li suggested that the IETF might want to consider trying to
establish a formal liaison with ETSI, noting a concern that there might be
overlap between work in the IETF TEAS WG and the ETSI Industry
Specification Group on Zero touch network and Service Management (ZSM).

Personally, I'm surprised that the IETF (through the IAB) does not have a liaison agreement with ETSI. The external liaison list is at:
   https://www.iab.org/liaisons/

Although there are always layer 8 and 9 reasons for having, or not having, liaison agreements, ETSI's work often plays into IETF's work in many different areas (I remember them from those always-entertaining PKIX days).

--Paul Hoffman