Re: [Ietf108planning] Registration open for IETF 108

Answering both at once:

On 19/06/2020, at 9:42 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sean,
At 08:45 AM 18-06-2020, Tim Chown wrote:
Thanks Jay, but the blog doesn't break out the actual online meeting costs from the spreading of "some operational costs" into the meeting costs.

That’s correct. That’s not how we budget or cost things and changing that is a substantial piece of work with multiple implications that have not yet been thought through and so is not on our work plan.

I took a look at the blog article after reading Tim's comment.  There is an amount of $295,360 for meeting support expenses.  It looks very high figure for online meetings.  Could you please elaborate on why the figure seems so high?

As the author of the blog piece I will respond.

The blog post explains - “one-third of the annual cost of the Secretariat and some NOC costs are assigned to each meeting.

Jay
--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director