Re: Change in IPR policies

> On Jun 9, 2020, at 18:32, Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Second, the consequence of getting it wrong could have been a large number of people abusing that and those who didn’t abuse it feeling very aggrieved at us for allowing that.

I doubt regular participants, a large number of them not paying for these fees personally, would choose to not pay AND participate, producing a log where their participation is recorded in jabber or live-streams yet they have no registration entry listed for them at the ietf108 meeting page.

For the record, I would not feel very aggrieved if this happened.

I would feel very aggrieved if this policy would cause even a few people with no funding to participate remotely.

Paul