Re: The TCP and UDP checksum algorithm may soon need updating

On Jun 4, 2020, at 7:57 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Consider the case in which I am transfering a 60GB 4K movie over the net. Say for the sake of argument there is a 1% chance of a one bit failure.

There are a lot of statistical assumptions in that statement.

How about somebody showing an actual case where this has happened, please?

Before we solve a problem in theory rather than in practice.

Joe