From: Peter Psenak <ppsenak@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: den 1 juni 2020 12:15
To: Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ceccarelli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; rtg-dir@xxxxxxxx
Cc: last-call@xxxxxxxx; lsr@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse.all@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-12

Hi Daniele,

please see inline (##PP)

On 29/05/2020 18:18, Daniele Ceccarelli via Datatracker wrote:
> Reviewer: Daniele Ceccarelli
> Review result: Has Nits
>
> Hello,
>
> I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this
> draft. The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or
> routing-related drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG
> review, and sometimes on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to the Routing ADs.
> For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see
> ​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir
>
> Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs,
> it would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other
> IETF Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them
> through discussion or by updating the draft.
>
> Document: draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-12
> Reviewer: Daniele Ceccarelli
> Review Date: 2020-05-29
> IETF LC End Date: date-if-known
> Intended Status: Standard Track

> The readibility of the draft has been significantly improved since my
> last review (v07), mostly the abstract and the introduction, which now
> cleary state what is the scope of the draft. I also appreciated the
> introduction of section
> 3 where a description of the existing solution is described.
>
> Minor issues:
> - Section 4.1 - Advantages with respect to RSVP-TE are described while
> the text speaks about advantages with respect to RSVP-TE and GMPLS,
> probably it could be changed into: advantages with respect to RSVP-TE
> when used in packet networks and in GMPLS, something like this.

##PP
I can change to something like this:

"Advantages of Extended Link Opaque LSAs as defined in [RFC7684] for
OSPFv2 and Extended Router-LSAs [RFC8362] for OSPFv3 with respect to advertisement of link attributes originally defined for RSVP-TE when used in packet networks and in GMPLS"

Would that work?

[DC] yes, perfect.

>- Section 5 - Why for the UDABM it doens't  say the value MUST be 0,4,8
>but rather says "the legal values are" ? Is 8  octets future-proof
>enough? or conversely, if only 3 values are defined why do  we need 8
>octects as option?

##PP
I have corrected that and use the same text (with MUST) for both SABM and UDABM.
[DC] ok

We did not limit the size at the beginning, but later due to limited size of ISIS TLVs we limited it to 8 bytes to leave some space for the attributes itself (draft-ietf-isis-te-app). We wanted to keep the consistency between ISIS and OSPF which also helps BGP-LS. 8 octets should be future-proof enough (64 apps).
[DC] makes sense.

>- Section 8 - I really find it hard to understand  this small section.

##PP
this section says that Extended TE Metrics can be advertised per application as well as application independent and suggests how that can be done.
[DC] that's not super clear from the text, but now I understand what's the message that it conveys. I suggest a better phrasing to make it clear.

> Typos:
> -  Unidirectional Link Dela [RFC7471]

##PP
fixed.