Re: Registration details for IETF 108

Dear Ms Andjelkovic,

I am contacting you as you are one of the IETF Administration LLC Directors. A year ago, I submitted a short draft [1] to the IETF. One of the issues raised during the discussion of the short draft was that there is a risk that remote participants might abuse the process. I am a bit curious about what the IETF Administration LLC has done to mitigate that risk, if it exists. However, that is not the reason why I am taking the liberty to contact you.

I came across an announcement about the registration details for IETF 108. I was somewhat surprised to see that a fee will be charged for online participation given that:

  (a) it is a change from existing practice;

  (b) there hasn't been any formal discussion about the decision.

I would like to ask you who took the decision to charge a fee for online participation for IETF 108.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-03