Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-algs-08.txt> (CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Initial Algorithms) to Informational RFC

This I-D obsoletes RFC8152, which set up the IANA Registry 'COSE
Algorithms', and adds a new column to the registry but otherwise
contains no details thereof so that, in future, a user will need to
study the obsoleted RFC8152 and this I-D to understand the specification
of the registry.

In fact, it is more complicated than that since RFC8152 defines the
permitted values in a column while the Informational I-D
draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs, currently in IETF Last Call, introduces a new
permitted value 'Filter Only '; to me, this is an update to RFC8152 (the
author disagrees), obsolete or not.  A future user wanting to understand
the registry will need to look at
- the obsoleted RFC8152
- this obsoleting I-D
- the informational draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs

Could be simpler for a future user.

Tom Petch