Re: Six months in: evaluation of the last-call mailing list experiment

3.  One more mailing list subscribed to is a detail.

I think a useful evaluation approach would be to see how the subscriber base
for the two lists has diverged.  If they are ~the same, then I think there's
little value to the community in a separate list.  If they have diverged
significantly (FSVO significant), then that's probably a strong sign that the
separate list is worthwhile.

If there is a difference between the subscriber base for the two lists, I would
also consider if new ietf@ subscribers in the period are appropriately
represented in the last call list (if they aren't, that may be a problem).
One risk of a segregated list is it makes participating in the community wide
last call discussions somewhat less discoverable for newcomers.

I believe such an assessment would be more in the IETF tradition than a poll
on ietf@ (which also leaves out the people who unsubscribed from ietf@ because
they were only here for the last calls and they like the change).

Scott K