Re: Death of the Internet - details at 11

At 18:39 13/01/04, John C Klensin wrote:
--On Tuesday, 13 January, 2004 15:41 +0100 jfcm <info@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gentlemen,
let agree IETF is lacking formal interfaces with the real world of users and the real world of operators. John Klensin's official participation to the ICANN BoD is a first good step towards formal links with operators.

Sigh. Whatever that relationship constitutes, "formal links with operators" isn't one of them -- there are even fewer actual operators represented and actively participating in ICANN than there are in IETF.

Please, at least, get your facts right.

Sigh. When will you think in network users terms?
In the operator - designer - user scheme I discuss, the operator (whatever the layer) is someone who operates something the user uses. These people ICANN claims to gather (and is partly doing).

If this is the way you think, oh, Boy! we better off to subscribe directly to ITU.
Thomas, I understand your martyrdom with ICANN.
jfc