Re: Death of the Internet - details at 11

On 13-jan-04, at 10:36, Paul Robinson wrote:

Continuing work on IPv4 only creates the illusion that it is a viable protocol for application developers to rely on for future income.

Are you suggesting then, that all RFCs based on IPv6 should be... stopped?

I think that one should read IPv4...

By the sounds of it, what you're looking for is for us as a community to
refuse to deal with IPv4 any more, that we wash our hands of it, and make
vendors realise that they are going to be unable to support IPv4 for more
than a few years?

Hm, didn't they try something along those general lines at Coca Cola a while ago?

It's brutal, but I can see the point. Thinking about a cut-off date for IPv4
would indeed provoke some interesting discussion, but I think a lot of
people still want to hang onto IPv4. Even so, how does July 31st 2005 sound
to everybody?

Why don't we start by making *.ietf.org only reachable over IPv6 starting 04-04-04?