Re: Propose some information retrieval protocols for Internet

Thus spake "wang liang" <wangliang_f@xxxxxxx>
> > I believe you are talking about information *indexing* service,
> > not "information *retrieval* service"
>
> DRIS will build the information retrieval infrastructure for Internet, but
> not the final search engines. Many intelligent search systems can apply
DRIS
> as their data source and provide high quality of personal search service.

Why do we need DRIS if we already have HTTP/FTP/etc?  Put another way, how
are HTTP et al insufficient for retrieving information once its location
(i.e. URL) has been determined?

Your original post presents several arguments against the current crop of
search engines and proposes a new distributed search engine system, but this
is an _indexing_ function, not a _retrieval_ function.

> The architecture of DRIS is organization level-sub country Internet
> level-country level-whole Internet level.

Can you demonstrate why country-level databases are a technical advantage,
other than providing certain governments the ability to restrict the
information their citizens can access?

> You could find more information about our project in
> http://202.114.9.200/English/main.htm
> More content will be translated in these days.

It appears your site isn't accessible many places outside CERNET/ChinaNet;
can you post your papers somewhere with better reachability?

Stephen Sprunk        "Stupid people surround themselves with smart
CCIE #3723           people.  Smart people surround themselves with
K5SSS         smart people who disagree with them."  --Aaron Sorkin