Re: Most impressive Phish I've seen (Fw: Visa Security Update)

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:46:59 +1030, Mark Smith said:

> What is amazing about it is that, while it looks like a plain ascii email, it
> was actually in HTML, and HTML had been used to make it look like an plain
> ascii email.

> I don't remember giving Visa any of my "nosense.org" email addresses, so I
> was suspicious. Clicking the "http://www.visa.com"; link took me to this URL

> http://server445.servers101.com/suspended.page/

> Fortunately, it looks like the phishermen have been noticed, and the bogus site shut down.

Yeah.  Notice that the URL is (if it's the same scam being discussed on the
Full-Disclosure list):

http://www.visa.com:trashtrashtrash@xxxxxxxxxxx/verified-by-visa.html

or some such. Just be glad there wasn't an x'01' in there, or you'd probably
STILL be scratching your head wondering how it happened. :)