Re: [Fwd: [isdf] need help from the ietf list...can someone postthis for me? or allow me to post directly?]

All web sites "download". They have to. What you are referring to is
caching.  Turning on or off caching would have no effect on security.
Bad guys can always make websites that use the true gifs, etc from the
real websites.  They can get those images,etc from the real site or from
your local cache.  Or they can copy them to a fake site.  In fact, it is
better for their performance to have you download them from the real site.

		--Dean