Re[2]: IPv6 addressing limitations (was "national security")

Schiro, Dan writes:

> This is a dangerous prospect.  The company I work for makes a networking
> stack and our IPv6 implementation expects the lower 64 bits to be the unique
> interface identifier.

Does anyone see how wasteful this is?  What's the likelihood of having
2^64 unique interfaces in the world?

> Now would be the time to change the spec if its going
> to be done, otherwise it will already have market
> penetration just like NAT.

I think that anyone with a choice should stay away from IPv6 for as long
as possible.

No matter how the spec is changed, it will still be a mess.  It's pretty
obvious that nobody knows what he is doing.