Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your Misspelling Are Belong To Us]

% On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:00:14 EDT, Keith Moore said:
%
% > then again, do we really want different ways of reporting errors for
% > different zones in the DNS?  would apps then want to special-case
% > certain zones to interpret their results differently than the others?
%
% Blech.
%
% If it's Tuesday, this must be .belgium?
%
% A non-starter.  *MAYBE* if it were a different RR with different semantics.
%

	This may be exactly what we get w/ a patch from ISC.
	If BIND is offically tweeked so that some zone cuts are
	allowed to exercise legal protocol options while others
	are not...  changes based on "mob" rule... not good.

	BIND begins to lose its reputation as a reference
	implementation of open standards.

	Ick.

--bill