Re: the VoIP Paradox

Bob,

A 2500 set? Why would you want something so modern and unreliable?  After
all, this relies on DTMF ("touch tone") generators and decoders :-)

No sir, you want a 300 set. Introduced in 1937, this model generates
pulse-only dialling. [The 500 set, introduced in 1949, works too].

After the 1989 earthquake in the Bay Area, the 300 set saved my day. The
local switch (PLACAL02) would not budge on tone dialling, but pulse worked
just fine (using a non-mainstream LD carrier of course).

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole@cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj