Re: names, addresses, routes

Dave;

> This being a technical discussion, we had better have some useful,
> technical definitions.

Technical definitions?

On the problems, yes. On the terminology, no.

> Then we can switch to having a debate about
> problems and solutions.

It is a useful approach to continue the debate forever.

However, to solve the problem, anyone proposing a solution may
use any terminology, as long as it is clearly defined.

> There is technical history to the terms at
> issue, here. However they suffer different definitions in different
> technical discussions.

Different technology needs different definitions.

We really suffer, if you try to unify them.

							Masataka Ohta