Re: the VoIP Paradox

I was downtown Ottawa on the Friday, eating at a restaurant that had power,
since we had none at home. (at least, when we arrived they had power...)

What I noticed is that my GSM (Fido/Microcell) had very poor reception,
and I frequently didn't get a signal. My conclusion - they don't have all
of the transponders on generator backup, so they have less capacity during
a blackout.

Repeating this design for IP telephone would not be a good idea :-)