RE: A modest proposal - allow the ID repository to hold xml

Jari

If we have xml in the archive, then there are several tools
that can serve you up your choice of formats from that archive.
I don't think the value of storing the html bits in the archive
is all that much additional value.  One could have a website
that delivered such a thing without storing the html bits.
Such a site would permit the hyperlinking that you are talking
about.  We also avoid heated discussions about what was allowable
in the html, what version of which tools, etc.  This is a contentious
enough issue ("rough consensus and running code" applies, right?),
and making it bigger makes it harder to reach rough consensus.
Let's just do one simple thing -- allow xml, and see how it goes.

Brian