Re: where the indirection layer belongs

Michel Py wrote:
IMHO the only place to put the ID/LOC indirection layer (I would say
sub-layer) that does not break a million things is:

I like the third stack, added to the right, even more. A kinda new waist for the stack. OTOH, I think that most probably something new is also needed at L4-L7, but I am not quite sure yet what.

Current Model with HIP model Model indirection

Transport | TCP | UDP | | TCP | UDP | | TCP | UDP |
| | | ID/LOC | | ID/LOC |
| | | IPv6 | | IPv4|IPv6 |

--Pekka Nikander