RE: WG Review: Centralized Conferencing (xcon)

I'm also concerned that conferencing semantics could lead to
basic interoperability problems that would be difficult to
surmount.  If you can imagine XMPP in common usage for either
instant messaging or software agent communication (think 'bots')
and also SIMPLE in common usage for instant messaging, with
SIP already deployed for joining conferences, then we have to
plan for conferencing servers that can choose to support
XMPP and SIP/SIMPLE access without crippling either protocol
suite or requiring client rewrites.

Lisa