Re: WG Review: Centralized Conferencing (xcon)

Marshall Rose writes:

> the xmpp folks have a workable, deployed solution in the
> conferencing space. if they decide to take this work to the ietf,
> then that should also be accorded the same courtesy in being judged
> on its merits in the context of xmpp.

I can understand that you have concerns that XCON may
produce something so generally useful that it might get
in the way of rubber stamping protocols developed
elsewhere. I do not believe that it is in the greater
interest of the IETF, though, to intentionally cripple
working groups merely to allow for the eventuality of
the introduction of competing work.

/a