Re: the end-to-end name problem

] We all know what the end-to-end principle means.

well, you'd think so - but these days I hear it used to justify all kinds of
things that have nothing to do with its original meaning.  I think it's
becoming a religion - something that is accepted without question, and usually,
without undertanding.