Re: Last Call: A Model for Presence and Instant Messaging to Proposed Standard

> From: hardie@qualcomm.com
> To: Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>, iesg@ietf.org

> I'd like to be absolutely clear here on the intent of the message:

I took it as two things:

  - a test or slap in the face of many naive, broken by design
     spam filters that don't know that senders can be lists

  - a call for the IETF to fix a general problem of which this is merely
     a complete story of an example.  Isn't this story about the
     same as the controversy about tunnel, except that this story has
     is more complete?

It sounds to me as if they are saying that the WG should have been
shut down years ago.  Or too paraphrase Dirty Harry, "A standards
committee has got to know its limitations."

Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com