RE: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department formally adopts IPv6)

Jonathan,

> Jonathan Hogg wrote:
> Aren't Microsoft already "standardizing" this with their Universal
> Plug and Play (UPnP) architecture?
> I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I believe the concept is
> that applications that understand this can communicate with the
> router (the NAPT box in the case of SoHo networks) and request
> ports to be opened externally and forwarded back to the host. I
> think Microsoft's NetMeeting conferencing program supports this
> already and there are a few ADSL modem/routers that implement it.

That is the little my feeble understanding of it has grasped too.
However, I still don't fully understand how it resolves the problem of
originated-from-the-outside connections: Let's say there are 3 web
servers in the inside, all three talk to the NAPT box and all three have
the NAPT box open a translation port. The part I don't get is where the
NAPT box chooses which one of the three gets the traffic without
something like decapsulating the http header.

Michel.