Re: spam

Bill,

it depends on the context, some domain registrars check the deliverability
of an e-mail address before registering domains where a contact or
maintainer is listed on the registration.

the ability to check deliverability w/o actualling delivering mail is at
time a useful thing for those attempting to cut down on registration
fraud.

-rick