spammers harvesting RFC contact addresses

Today I counted that nearly half my spam was sent to the unique address
that I gave as my contact information in RFC 2586.

It seems that spammer harvesting addresses from RFCs is on the rise.

If anyone wishes to mount a concerted campaign against this practice,
I volunteer to forward my RFC contact address-based spams to the
secretariat's designated assistant(s) and/or any volunteers interested
in the effort.

RFC AUTHORS UNITE AGAINST SPAM!

Best wishes,
James