Re: My point about the ambiguity of the question

> > False.  Forcing hosts or apps to do routing is about neither
> > of these. Forcing applications to be aware of topology is
> > about neither of these.
>
> The existence of a prefix does not force host or apps to do routing or
> be aware of topology.

as long as the prefix is never used, you're entirely correct.

> The only way to come to that conclusion is if
> you mean that network managers expect apps they deploy to behave
> correctly in the presence of limited access or visibility, and the
> defined prefix shows there is a mechanism to do so.

the prefix doesn't help apps do that.  and the very assumptions behind
use of the prefix are what force apps to do that.

> Nothing is forcing the app to do anything, after all it could rely on
> a service.

in other words, we could create magic pixie dust if we only had magic
pixie dust...