Re: Network Working Group

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Fred Baker wrote:

>  From your draft IESG Charter:
>
> >Network Working Group
> I personally would like to see us stop attributing documents to them.  The
> world has long since moved on, and those who don't recognize it date
> themselves.

 From 2223bis, section 4.1:

      Please see the front page of this memo for an example of the front
      page heading.  On the first page there is no running header.  The
      top of the first page has the following items left justified:

      "Network Working Group"

         This traditional title must be left-justified on the first line
         of the heading.  It denoted the ARPANET research group that
         founded the RFC series.

The place to change this would be 2223bis, not in the IESG charter
draft.  If you change it in 2223bis, the RFC Editor will change it
everywhere else :-)

Not that I am advocating changing it -- I don't care either way.

Kireeti.