Re: Last Call: Instructions to Request for Comments (RFC) Authors to BCP

Title: Re: Last Call: Instructions to Request for Comments (RFC) Authors to BCP

>Finally, last para of sectin 4.5, "Mnemonics appearing in the Abstract"
>and 'meaning of the mnemonics "IP" or "TCP" or "MIB"' -- you mean
>acronym, not mnemonic.

Um, you mean abbreviation, not acronym.  No such English word as ip, tcp of mib as far as I know :)  Mnemonic, ironically, is actually closer in meaning since IP is kind of a de facto mnemonic for Internet Protocol.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=abbreviate*1+0
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=mnemonic*1+0
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=acronym*1+0