RE: movies vs chat logs

I THINK this is the right e-mail to follow up to...

1. I know I found the JABBER logs for TRIGTRAN to be very useful
in vetting our minutes (what did we MISS, who really said that, what
was that person's last name - can't count on this last, but it's
another pair of eyes in a relatively small community).

2. I've been taking minutes at every session I attend for the
last two or three IETFs, and they've tended to be "he said/she said"
in nature. I've usually gotten thank-yous from working group chairs for
this form of minutes, and I've gotten what-was-the-points from several
other readers. I'm thinking working group chairs would benefit
a lot from video archives, and some readers probably would benefit
from transcripts, but even text transcripts for a five-day, six-or-so-track
meeting aren't THAT easy to blast through - digesting the blow-by-blow
is still the most important ingredient, and the hardest to farm out...

Spencer