Re: Searching for depressing moments of Internet history.....

Simon Spero wrote:

> I believe Kapor's law was first stated at the January '92 Usenix (The
> first use for any new communications technology is sex).

any SUCCESSFUL communications technology, surely?

Think I've just discovered why 8-track failed, and gotten new insight
into that whole VHS vs Betamax thing.

As for getting funding to study this - doesn't anyone remember Marty
Rimm?
http://www.eff.org/Publications/Declan_McCullagh/www/rimm/

(and Time Magazine showing a lack of editorial standards long before
their Apple iMac advertorials.)

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@ee.surrey.ac.uk>