Re: DNSEXT WGLC Summary: AXFR clarify

> Well just one person will not be able to create rough concensus, except
> in a VERY small group.  Saying that someone MUST be wanting to produce
> an inferior document because they were paid to create a product based on
> the spec is not fair to any participants.  I claim that MANY, if not
> MOST IETF participants are paid one way or another based on the
> specifications that they are working on.

are you really claiming that participants are paid differently based on
whether their employers like the outcome of some IETF process?

> If a document has technical problems for the minority of participants
> (i.e. the non-rough concensus) this doesn't mean there are technical
> problems...

nor does rough consensus mean there are not technical problems.

> I consider it part of my job to monitor the IETF and tell my employer
> what I believe the decisions are going to be, what changes might be
> coming, and how close to an RFC a given draft is.

all fine, as long as when providing input to IETF you give your technical
opinion as to what is best for the Internet as a whole, rather than
what is best for your employer.

Keith