Re: Last Call: Traffic Engineering Extensions to OSPF Version 2 to Proposed Standard

> actually, in the IETF, having running code for *one* solution is a good
> way to demonstrate how much of the problem is understood, and if some of
> us had our way, it would be impossible to charter a Working Group
> *without* the understanding of the problem space being *at least* that
> good.

problem is, if we raised the barrier to that level, we'd get even more
groups insisting on adopting the "one solution" without significant
change  - treating it as inviolate rather than as a proof of concept.
we have far too many of those groups already.

Keith