RE: Reminder: Deadline for input on sub-ip discussion

John writes:
.. snip ..

> Once we dispose of "make it permanent", then we have more
> flexibility about answers.   What should we do?  Well, for
> starters and to be very blunt, I'm concerned about the
> implicatons of an eight day review starting on 4 December.  The
> IESG has known for two years that this point was coming.  An
> area meeting was held in Atlanta, but there was no notice to the
> general community  that this was going to be a major topic, no
> strong mention of it at the plenary or pre-Atlanta mailings to
> the whole IETF, etc.  I have to consider that a symptom of a
> more general problem.

speaking as one of the (current) ADs of the subIP area.
We really believed that the subip area would accept that the area
would be closed down (as was agreed 2 years ago at the start) and
that the discussion would be more about into which areas each
remaining WG would move. We did announce that the future of subip
was on the agenda as per: