validating source of email (was something about namedroppers)

> Although I am reluctant to suggest
> anything involving public key crypto, another approach would be to put a
> public key in the MAIL-FROM DNS record and add a new header field containing a
> signature covering the message's  MAIL FROM and the current date.

that's an interesting idea.  I don't see a big problem with doing something
like this as long as you don't try to make it a signature for the message -
it's just a way to say "I can prove that I have the right to use this
MAIL FROM".  you might need to include more than just the date though.

Keith