Re: namedroppers mismanagement: it never ends

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, john heasley wrote:

> i nominate bush, should he choose to accept, moderator of ietf@ietf.org.

god, no. Bush is uniquely unqualified to run a mailing list - for a
start, as an IESG member, he's policy, not admin.

we already have ietf_censored, running quite quietly without
disrupting the main flow of traffic on the ietf main list. (And
recognising the policy/admin distinction is why Harald gave up running
_censored on becoming IETF chair. I very much doubt Randy would have
thought to have done the same.)

Bush and Bernstein are both the kind of people who wish to rearrange
the world entirely to their own satisfaction. How unfortunate that
they must share that world.

L.

for us, anyway.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@ee.surrey.ac.uk>