Re: 10.4 IDENTIFY Command II

Bruce_Kahn@notesdev.ibm.com wrote:

Doug wrote on 11/18/2002 12:26:47 PM:
> > Kinda illogical to me.
> > If the command succeeded then I should be allowed in.
>
> Where does the draft say that if it succeeds that you are not allowed in?

Go reread BEEP where it talks about this apparent paradox. See Section 3.1.1 Profile Identification and Initialization. Its not 100% a 1-to-1 mappable example to CAP but its a scenario where it can occur. In any case the main topic here is the way CAP deals with failures, etc.
I see that the channel can be created and the authentication to fail.
But I do not see that you are 'allowed in' [to a CS].

--

 Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                                |   Cell: (208)520-4044

                We Do Standards - You Need Standards